Thursday, May 3, 2012

really, it's me...

come (a little) rain, or shine, or (very light) wind...
or stop-every-10-feet-with-your-blacked-out-windows creeper van hot on my heels-

i'm there.


running.

ok, it's more of a jog-run. 
and it's not a pretty jog-run.
and i hold my left hand weird the entire time.
and it's not every day.
but, it is a lot more regular than ever before in my life. 
and i will run with my nani-b any time she likes.  or tony.  or aidan (which he doesn't). 
or you, if you ask.

baking cookies and running?!? 
it's still me.  just me plus.

life is full of surprises.

3 comments:

MARISA said...

You are addicted to running, aren't you? I know the feeling all too well. I start to get cranky if I don't get out and get it done....if you ever need a partner, give me a holler!

Bella Mente said...

:) Such an inspiration! I cannot wait to get back into running... something I greatly look forward to. I just might have to take you up on that offer. You and Nadia should look into "The Color Run" in Portland. You can do any length, you wear white, and every check point, you get paint thrown on you. Looks wild and crazy.. but most definitely fun! :)

Melanie said...

Marisa- I think I am! I am not ready to call myself a runner yet, but I do get cranky if I haven't had my fix. We should go together sometime!

Lexie- Nadia and I looked into the color run. It looks like so much fun! It was all sold out :( Maybe next year. We should get a group together!