Sunday, May 13, 2012

oh mother...

we all know that this mothering stuff is...what is it exactly? the hardest, most heart-wrenching, conflicting and loveliest thing i've ever done in my entire life? 

thank heavens i have all of you to look to...

so to all the mothers out there---

-the ones who have it all together
-and the ones who show me it's sometimes more fun not to

-the ones who inspire me to do better
-and the ones who let me know i'm doing ok

-the ones who remind me to be in the moment
-and the ones who remind me that sometimes for sanity-sake, you have to check out

-the ones who call themselves mommy and mama and grammie and nana and act the mother to so many
-and to the ones who made me mimi

-and of course to my mom, who always reminded me that i was her favorite youngest child---
found here

to all of you, because without you i would be utterly lost.
thank you!  happy mothers day!

2 comments:

PRP said...

You're an amazing mother in every sense of the word. Not just to your own kids, but mine as well.

Happy Mother's Day Mel.

PRP said...

You're an amazing mother in every sense of the word. Not just to your own kids, but mine as well.

Happy Mother's Day Mel.