Sunday, May 31, 2009
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Thank you Andria for tee-hee'ing with me tonight during our chat! I needed that and I needed some sister time.
Thank you Nadia for being patient and so well behaved at the MESA ceremony. You make me proud.
to be appreciated!
Thank you Tony for turning on "Make Me a Supermodel" without me asking you to, even though it makes you cringe. Love you.
Thank you student who shared your story with me yesterday. I haven't stopped thinking about all you have overcome and I think you are amazing. I admire your strength, your positive attitude and your coping skills. I have high hopes for you.
Thank you Aidan for making better choices and being so polite yesterday. You are showing me that you are learning to ask yourself how your choices affect other people. I love your perseverance.
Thank you Sara for responding to my email this morning. Seems simple but I really needed a distraction so I wouldn't go insane from spring fever. You are always there.
Thank you blog world (people like her and her) and the farming game on facebook. If it were not for you I think I would have lost my ever-loving mind these past few weeks as I try to wrap up the end of the school year and move on. You help keep things interesting!
Thank you Dad for saying I love you on the phone.
Thank you calender for promising me family time. I won't let you down!
Sunday, May 24, 2009
I love peonies (pronounced pee-o-nees if you grew up in Huntsville). These were a gift from Tony, Aidan and Nadia last Mother's day.
"Stop and smell the peonies".
The older I get, the more I want to live my life with this in mind.
Shadows are beautiful to me. When Aidan was a baby, and we had just moved to Tri-cities, we would occupy our time by playing shadow. My childhood memories include walking down our road enjoying stretching and squishing my shadow into different forms. Here as one child gifts a clover to another you seem to be drawn into their two dimensional world much like you are a story. It evokes emotions blah blah blah...
the truth is my kids were running around topless this morning and I didn't want to showcase any ta-ta's.
I think this unicorn is thinking of greener pastures.
You have a good life little unicorn. It doesn't get any better than this. Besides, if you cross into that pasture the goat will eat your cotton-y goodness.
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
My mom is so many wonderful things and so many frustrating things all wrapped up into a strong, out-spoken and beautiful woman. She can hear in my voice when I am sad or worn out. She is there for me when I need her most...like tomorrow when Aidan will spend another day on the couch with an unrelenting fever. I want my children to be well. I feel like this year has been particularly hard on their health. Secretly (or not so secretly since I am blogging about it) I am happy that he gets some undivided Grammie time.
side note.... blogger is being a putz because it won't let me post a picture, but maybe that is for the best since the only one I have of my mom and myself is after a day of working in the yard.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Tomorrow marks the 9th year of wedded bliss for the Tonester and I. Ahh Mawaige, sweet mawaige.
Tony and Mel.
Uncle Fester and Morticia Adams.
High school sweethearts.
Next door neighbors.
but I digress...
And marriage has been bliss. And by bliss I might mean that sometimes "he does not listen and she leaves a trail of shoes and clothing behind her" but it is bliss none the less.
Here are my top nine blissful reasons to love this man!
9. Tony does all of the vacuuming (don't fall off your chair, but I don't even know how to work our vacuum). Actually I come home to a clean house most Friday's. How lucky am I?
8. Tony respects my need for practicality and therefore buys me gifts with longevity. Thank you for the flat screen monitor honey!
7. Tony feeds the stray cats because he loves animals. Now just because he loves them does not mean he wouldn't prefer all of our cats outside, but he knows how much they mean to me so he tolerates them.
6. Tony is notoriously impatient, but has immense patience for me when I am under stress.
5. Tony is a visionary. You should see his plan for the backyard! It may take a while, but it will be everything we need.
4. Tony calls me every morning to make sure I am awake and doesn't mind that I call him back 45 minutes later after I have dropped the kids off at school to talk for the next 11 minutes on the way to work.
3. Tony is determined. I have many examples of this but the one that I don't think even he has recognized is that he is amazing at grilling. Seems simple, but he was really terrible at it in the beginning (sorry babe) but he never gave up. He even has a couple of signature dishes now.
2. Tony is the reason I have the exact family I wanted. He gave all of these wonderful qualities to Aidan and Nadia (and a few infuriating ones, but they too are the reasons I love him).
1. Tony is my best friend. Tony-I love you. I always have, I always will.
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Friday, May 1, 2009
Today she was noticed by more than just the humans.