Sunday, December 5, 2010

an old fashioned christmas...


 they worked for weeks on their songs...
 their bellies were full of goodness from the prefunk the mattson family and bachart family enjoyed at the johnson's house...

their look was just so...

twenty one girls and boys let their voices soar, their smiles shine, and their moves...well their moves were goofy as all get out but adorable none the less.
my nadia whispered she had the stage fright on the ride over. i told her to just look for me and pretend she was singing just like she has every day of her life. as they started their first song you could see her searching. when she found us you could see her relax. she locked eyes on me (and my lens) and her gappy tooth smile melted my heart. i kept clicking off pictures of the three besties to keep the tears at bay.  when we asked her what the best part was, the girl who always knows what she values said simply, "the refreshments". 


and her daddy says she's darling.  she doesn't fall far from the gorgous daddy tree now does she?

2 comments:

Monique said...

That is a gorgeous picture of Tony and Nadia!!! What a beautiful little princess.

Miss you all so much.

Bella Mente said...

I loooove it!! :) That is seriously the best daddy-daughter picture!! I hope you frame it and put it on your shelves! :)