Saturday, July 4, 2009

while you were out meets you wish you had been

One month ago Tony's Dad and Becky came to visit for Nadia's birthday. I was at work but thanks to Sara for covering my afternoon class was able to come home at 11:00 to spend the rest of the day with Nadia. Upon arriving home I felt as if I was on that TLC show While You Were Out. What was once a stretch of rock flanking the side of our house had been transformed into a beautiful garden. A garden that houses three stunning hastas...that have even bloomed. What's more is that John and Becky planted a ton more under our not-so-lovely inherited trees. You can't see them from the shot below but I am sure you can imagine your own surprise if you were to walk up onto this grundgy-unkept hill and discover lush hastas and plant b (yeah, I am not a botanist people, I can not for the life of me remember what the name of the other plant is) tucked away. We are so thankful of John and Becky's gift and all of the hard work they put into it.So thankful that we thought it was a shame these beautiful plants did not have more of a showcase to live in.

Enter Tony and the bobcat.

This is where it goes from
While You Were Out
to
You Wish You Had Been Enter also 24 ton of basalt rock and 9 ton of crushed rock. Oh and please don't for get the 4 stepping stones or the 4000 pound boulder. No, no typo there. 4000 pounds people!!!

Enter too the sore muscles, burned shoulders and ears, chipped manicure and nasty blood blister.

But not the pictures of the completed project. Not yet anyway.

I do have these pictures to share...

You know the saying, while the cats away the mice will play?

Well in our house it is more like when the parents are otherwise distracted the kids will



be coveredinmud!
Thanks Tony for all of the work you do...in July...when it is 100 degrees...on your 4 day weekend.
I love you!

1 comment:

Monique said...

I can not wait to see your place in real life. It looks so amazing!
Well done!
Monique