Wednesday, July 22, 2009

huuunggggkk- ahem- hhhuuuuuwwhach

That is me dry heaving.

Over what you might ask?
My dinner.
The one I made.
With love for my dear sweet Tony.
One of his favorites, homemade chili over baked (not microwaved) salt crusted potatoes topped with sharp cheddar cheese. I can hear the unmistakable collective mmmmmmmmmm.
When I opened my potato all fancy like down the middle and popped the ends to create a nest of potato-y goodness for the toppings I found this...
and no I don't know for sure what it is.
Maybe a fungus.
Maybe a genetic abnormality, a chimera of sorts.
It looked like a slug.
Inside my potato.
With no visible entry points.
EwwwEwwwEwww.
But I am a trooper.
I lopped off a chunk of Tony's and a chunk of Nadia's and I was going to soldier on.
Then I helped Aidan open his potato...

Inside we found what appeared to be a well cooked shelled clam.

Hhhuuuuuwwhach!

Did you know that kids' eat for $0.99 at Applebees on Wednesdays?

Did you also know that a grilled portabella mushroom looks remarkably like a slug?

3 comments:

PRP said...

Both of those pictures are straight up nasty! I'd have been hitting Applebee's too. Luckily it was Wednesday. And I've had the portabella's there...never again. Better luck next time!

Monique said...

I am officially so grossed out! ewwwwwww!

Bella Mente said...

what in the hell.. wow.. thanks! i will now put my dinner in the garbage lol