For those that know the stress I have been under this past year probably have heard me say that tomorrow is my National Board Assessment (but maybe they don't remember because I only told them 27 times and not the required 28 times in three weeks as research has shown to be the most effective amount of times necessary for long term memory). But that is not why tomorrow is a big day.
Tomorrow marks the 9th year of wedded bliss for the Tonester and I. Ahh Mawaige, sweet mawaige.
Tony and Mel.
Uncle Fester and Morticia Adams.
High school sweethearts.
Next door neighbors.
but I digress...
And marriage has been bliss. And by bliss I might mean that sometimes "he does not listen and she leaves a trail of shoes and clothing behind her" but it is bliss none the less.
Here are my top nine blissful reasons to love this man!
9. Tony does all of the vacuuming (don't fall off your chair, but I don't even know how to work our vacuum). Actually I come home to a clean house most Friday's. How lucky am I?
8. Tony respects my need for practicality and therefore buys me gifts with longevity. Thank you for the flat screen monitor honey!
7. Tony feeds the stray cats because he loves animals. Now just because he loves them does not mean he wouldn't prefer all of our cats outside, but he knows how much they mean to me so he tolerates them.
6. Tony is notoriously impatient, but has immense patience for me when I am under stress.
5. Tony is a visionary. You should see his plan for the backyard! It may take a while, but it will be everything we need.
4. Tony calls me every morning to make sure I am awake and doesn't mind that I call him back 45 minutes later after I have dropped the kids off at school to talk for the next 11 minutes on the way to work.
3. Tony is determined. I have many examples of this but the one that I don't think even he has recognized is that he is amazing at grilling. Seems simple, but he was really terrible at it in the beginning (sorry babe) but he never gave up. He even has a couple of signature dishes now.
2. Tony is the reason I have the exact family I wanted. He gave all of these wonderful qualities to Aidan and Nadia (and a few infuriating ones, but they too are the reasons I love him).
1. Tony is my best friend. Tony-I love you. I always have, I always will.