Sunday, May 24, 2009

Making my own excitement!

While Tony was cutting up our little orange bug and sending it off for scrap I was amusing myself with found art. Here are some of the results...

I love peonies (pronounced pee-o-nees if you grew up in Huntsville). These were a gift from Tony, Aidan and Nadia last Mother's day.


"Stop and smell the peonies".

The older I get, the more I want to live my life with this in mind.

Shadows are beautiful to me. When Aidan was a baby, and we had just moved to Tri-cities, we would occupy our time by playing shadow. My childhood memories include walking down our road enjoying stretching and squishing my shadow into different forms. Here as one child gifts a clover to another you seem to be drawn into their two dimensional world much like you are a story. It evokes emotions blah blah blah...

the truth is my kids were running around topless this morning and I didn't want to showcase any ta-ta's.

I think this unicorn is thinking of greener pastures.

You have a good life little unicorn. It doesn't get any better than this. Besides, if you cross into that pasture the goat will eat your cotton-y goodness.

1 comment:

Trevor and Sara said...

Melanie, I am not joking when I tell you that you should seriously consider pursuing photgraphy. Now I know where Aidan and Nadia get their artistic ability...I am AMAZED.