Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tony Turns 32!

Warning: if you do not want to read mushy-lovey feeling stuff then read no further. This post is for my husband.

Tomorrow Tony turns 32. I could write volumes about all of the wonderful, fantastic, loving, beautiful, intellegent charactoristics my husband possesses, but I will keep it to 32.

32 your evil-excited-too-much-sugar laugh that includes an equally energetic finger-wiggle-thing: it is impossible to describe

31 your willingness to please me: even when it is something you don’t like (um, yeah, I am sorry the cat moved in and I broke my promise, but you understand, right?)

30 blue thunder: and all of the defining conversations had within

29 your ability to clean a shower: it would not happen if it were not for you

28 along those lines, your understanding: for instance, you understand my inability to operate a vacuum without it burning up, squealing, getting tangled or all together giving up and the fact that you enjoy vacuuming to begin with

27 you take care of us: no matter how tired you are.

26 you are a man: I mean a grown-up-bonified-adult-kind-of-man, you know how to do things, like fix cars, repair damaged pipes, wire things, balance budgets, buy houses, weird grown up things that don't match the 20 year old Tony I have in my head

25 you are sexy-smart: you know how I love a nerd, no matter how many times I give you grief for it I love it

24 your determination: and I thank you for giving it to Aidan

23 your smile: thank you for giving that to Nadia, even with it is coupled with impish intent

22 your extended family: thank you for giving them to me and to our kids

21 history: and by history I mean history of society like how you use to ‘help’ me with history in high school and how you still find a way to make it interesting to me

20 our history: 5 years as neighbors, which led to 6 years of dating and now 8 years of marriage, I am lucky to have you for the better half of my life.

19 your streaks of ‘Saint Anthony’: when you do what is right because it is right even when it is not easy

18 your streaks of obstinacy: you can certainly be obstinate sometimes but it is part of the reason I love you

17 your great work ethic: I was warned that it may be your downfall but you have an amazing sense of balance between work and play

16 your baking ability: I appreciate that you are willing to bake anything from bread to cookies, no matter the hour or how tired you are

15 your compliance: even with my silly-controlling-slightly-irrational-albeit-sensible-in-my-crazy-mind silverware in the appropriate slot in the dishwasher obsession

14 your craftsmanship: no matter what it is, from cubbie to chair to unbelievably huge bookcase built in our tiny apartment, you are willing to build it exactly how I want it

13 of May: even though the wedding was not what I imagined, the marriage is more than I could have dreamed of

12 your singing: I melt when you sing, even if the song is about how my hair will fall out from too much hair-dye

11 your playfulness: I love when you act Goofey with the kids

10 your accents: I remember a time sitting on the couch when all of a sudden you said everything with an Irish accent, you crack me up

9 your attention to detail: even when I want to rush you won’t give up on something until it is perfect

8 your bald head: I know it is silly and you had great hair to0, but I love your bald head and the confidence it shows

7 your chest: it makes the best pillow when I can’t fall asleep

6 your help: I so appreciate all you have done to pick up the slack this past year as I have been working toward work goals

5 your support: More than just the help around the house, I appreciate that you are patient and supportive when asking me ‘what can I do to help’, even if it is just listening

4 your love for my family: they mean so much to me and you have loved them like your own

3 your love for Aidan and Nadia: it is not easy being a parent, but you continually help me be a better Mom and look for ways to be a better Dad. Never giving up or being satisfied is your best quality as a father. Aidan and Nadia will always appreciate that you put them first.

2 the way you look at me: I feel loved

1 being my best friend.

Happy Birthday My Love!

2 comments:

maxcoug7 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! From Tio Mono, Debina, Mini Mac, and Sooper Cooper!

Melanie said...

Thanks James, Debi, MacKenzie and Cooper. See you guys Saturday.
-Tony