Sunday, September 2, 2007

Dear Aidan

Aidan's first day of school! I did not cry when I dropped you off or when your little head bopped into class without even a glance backward. I have only emailed your teacher twice.... I know, cut the apron strings already. We had a great run little man. Now other people's children will sink their bigeted or violent or misinformed talons into you. I can only hope you are strong enough to resist them. I know you will choose the narrow, bumpy path of peer pressure at times. Just know that you can always, and I truely mean always, find a way back to our road. The road where you can be silly and smart, you can play hard and work harder, where you can be unconventional yet uphold your customs. You can always be true to yourself little man. I love you!

No comments: