Thursday, August 23, 2007

Corn alert!!!

I have known Tony for 18 years,
We have been together for 13 years,
We have been married for 7 years,
and I have never loved him more than I do right now. I did not think I could love him more, or know him more, but I do. Last night he was telling me about his work and I learned that we are more similiar than we are different. I knew we had the same values, the same dreams and the same senses of humor. Believe me, those things have been tried and tested. I know it is these commonalities that help us be the team we are, but it is our differences that help us get the job done. He is a put-things-together, re-vamp-it-whether-it-needs-it-or-not, I-can-build-that engineer person and I am the let-me-see-your-point-of-view-knee-slappin'-I-can-develop-a-system-for-that-teacher person. As he was telling me about his likes and dislikes at work he said something so akin to my own way of thinking. He too is that systems guy. I knew he developed excel spreadsheets but I did not know that this is how he works. This may be where we butt heads at times. I didn't think discovering something seemingly topical can deepen my love so much. Please excuse all of this corny talk but I just needed him to know.

No comments: