Monday, March 10, 2014

i'm coming home, i'm coming home

That song from the Resurrection trailer played over and over in my head on Saturday.  Half in part because of the road to Huntsville and half in part because of my Nani-B in the backseat.  They both kept it on repeat for at least 40 of the 50 miles. 
That's what spring in Huntsville feels like, though...home.






 



Nadia's rendition includes something about raise the flag, mom, I'm coming home that I rather like.  Her home is and has always been the bustling town of Pasco, but it is clear that she is most at home in her muck boots feeding two lambs at once or making a contraption out of fencing and what have yous.  There is a theory about cultural genetics that says a way of life seems to be passed down through DNA.  You feel your homeland, even if you have never been there.
I wonder if there is something to that.

No comments: