Sunday, October 11, 2009

verified by fall

For some, simple enjoyment comes from telescoping and rotating roasting forks...

...for others it comes from shiny, matching ladels to serve three kinds of homemade soup.



Inviting friends over helps the whole family break out of their insulatory shell......and it reminds me that sticks make festive centerpieces.



We live in a beautiful part of the country...

...and the wonderment of clouds will never cease to amaze me.




My children have a lot of really wonderful friends...

...and Aidan does stop moving once in a while.




Girls rock...
...and I think that is awesome.




I am saddened every year to see the warmth of summer fade...
...but I do love the coziness of fall.





Even as I was missing some friends and family who couldn't make it, I was reminded that I have some pretty terrific friends (like this one who knows how to wear a fantastic green jacket and jump into help without being asked)...
...and I seriously need to get my greys touched up.




The wii still provides some great entertainment...
...but is no compitition for fire, s'mores and the chance to play in the spooky graveyard.




Nadia and Aidan are old enough to roast their own goodies...
...and I am proud of the responsible kids they are growing up to be.




And speaking of fire, this fall verified that fire not only warms the body, but kindles conversation...
...and it will always be really, really cool.

1 comment:

PRP said...

We loved it! Thanks for including us, even though I am still reeling from your completely festive house. I've got some work to do...but you've inspired me! Those sticks were slammin'!