Sunday, February 1, 2009

An overdue thank you to my Mom and Dad

My mom and dad have always appreciated art and have passed that on to us in a myriad of ways. I remember the two of them hand-painting ceramic bakeware as gifts for relatives. I remember my dad and I putting up poles in the front yard that became sculptures. I remember countless crafts that my mom would complete, from bows to wreaths to stained glass. I remember my dad taking me to the Walla Walla Foundry and being in awe of the different forms and styles of sculptures and just a year or two ago we went back to the foundry with my parents and my children to see a three story Pinochio. Amazing! Just a few years ago my parents suprised me for my birthday with an iron chicken that they made together (my mom even used a plasma cutter, cool huh?) Well this year, they surprised me with these vases.
Thank you mom and dad!
Not just for the beautiful vases but for giving me the love of art in its many forms.
Love you guys!!!

No comments: