Wednesday, February 19, 2014

from where I sit

There is a dirty window clad in horrible dirty blinds with sun streaming through to my left.  I can hear the wind howling, just like it has been- and will be- for days.  I just finished my second cup of coffee.  That is a rarity.  Usually I stick to one on the weekdays but I am dragging.  Wah Wah Wah.  Who isn't?  That's the name of February's game, am I right?

But the sun makes me start planning and plotting and dreaming of long summer mornings.  I gotta pull back though.  I want to make sure I enjoy what February has to offer.  Like random game nights.  Will I lose my coolness status if I admit Settlers of Catan is weirdly fun?  And the MCT for the last time?  I will miss it (a little).  It is the season of school projects.  At the Bachart house we have a good time (mostly) of researching and powerpointing and video embedding. 

that's me, not winning
old campers, including Sienna, Nadia and MacKenzie




















I am trying to strike that balance between dreaming of days to come and living it the moment, but I don't think I am very convincing.
My scale is tilted to the planning and plotting.  Windy February days are made for laying out our spring and summer plans and perfect for looking forward, if only to the weekend, don't you think?

No comments: